please understand that from 01.01.2019 we as the operator of your accommodation are obliged to collect the guest tax and to have the official registration form of the city of Leipzig completed and signed by you.
The guest tax serves to partially finance the tourist infrastructure. All persons who spend the night in the city of Leipzig must pay.
The guest tax is charged in return for the fact that guests of the city are given the opportunity to use the facilities that serve tourist purposes and to take part in events that are carried out for tourists.
Amount of guest tax
The guest tax is EUR 3.00 per person and day of stay, arrival and departure days are calculated as one day.
The guest tax is reduced to EUR 1.00 per person and day of stay if the overnight stay fee is no more than EUR 30.00 including VAT.
Exceptions to the guest tax are:
- Children and adolescents up to the age of 18
- Pupils, students and trainees from the age of 18 to the age of 25
- Severely disabled people within the meaning of the Social Code (SGB) IX
- Accompanying persons of severely disabled people, if the necessity of the accompaniment is proven by official medical certificate, severely handicapped ID or pension certificate
- Sick people who are unable to leave their accommodation after the person concerned has proven the duration of the prevention by presenting a medical certificate
If you assert an exemption, a suitable proof must be presented.